Full Time Front-End Developer
We would like you to join us in our vision to be the recognized go-to regional interactive agency for handling complex and challenging web and mobile projects.
Does the following accurately describe you?
- I want to be part of an organization where my input carries weight and where integrity is a core value.
- I want to be trained extremely well and then trusted to do my job as I prove myself.
- I have an extreme passion for the creativity and discipline that goes into front-end development.
- I like to work on a wide range of diverse and challenging projects.
- I adore DRY, KISSed, modular, reusable code.
- I can work with jQuery in my sleep.
- I have hands-on experience working with front-end coding frameworks.
- I am familiar with PHP and MySQL.
- I am so versed in what is next with front-end development I could teach classes on the subject.
- I am extremely reliable and dependable.
- I have an old fashion work ethic.
- My attention to detail is extreme.
- I love to continually learn and improve.
- Web and mobile technologies fascinate me.
If ALL of the above matches you perfectly, your primary job responsibilities will be to:
- Serve as a front-end developer for new projects.
- Help maintain and improve existing sites.
- Collaborate with project managers, UX and graphic designers, back-end developers and other front-end developers.
- Participate in helping the sales team estimate and price inbound projects.
- Help fellow developers debug and trouble shoot challenging issues.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 2-5+ years of proven professional web development experience
- Strong UX and design sense
- Competency implementing mobile-first, responsive designs and knowledgeable about current and common UX patterns and best-practices
- Knowledge of best-practices for web performance, accessibility and usability
- Experience with CSS frameworks like Bootstrap, Skeleton, or Foundation
- Experience with JS frameworks like Backbone.js, AngularJS, Knockout, Ember, etc.
- Experience working with PHP, MySQL, or other server-side/RBDMS languages and integrating with MVC server-side frameworks
- Excellent communication, reading, and writing skills
- Familiarity with Photoshop/ability to slice the occasional .PSD
- Version control (we use Git and SVN)
- Agile/Scrum experience
- Experience with Node.js or Node.js-based build tools (Grunt.js/Require.js/Bower)
- Experience with Laravel 4
- Knowledge of 508 accessibility/WAI-ARIA implementation
We are a dynamic, growing company with a casual, fast-paced workplace.
Over the 16 years being in business we attract and retain self-starters by having handcrafted a flexible, world-class work environment.
If you have carefully read all of the listed content and feel you have the chops, we want to hear from you!
Find out more about White Lion.