Full Time Back-End Developer
We would like you to join us in our vision to be the recognized go-to regional interactive agency for handling complex and challenging web and mobile projects.
Does the following accurately describe you?
- I want to be part of an organization where my input carries weight.
- I want to be trained extremely well and then trusted to do my job as I prove myself.
- I have an extreme passion for the creativity and discipline that goes into back-end coding.
- I like to work on a wide range of diverse and challenging projects.
- I love the adrenaline rush of a complex database design.
- I can work with Apache and Linux in my sleep.
- I am an expert in working with coding frameworks.
- I know PHP and MySQL inside and out and outside in.
- I have at least 4 years of technical back-end development experience.
- I am so versed in programming I could teach classes on the subject.
- I am extremely reliable and dependable.
- I have an old fashion work ethic.
- My attention to detail is extreme.
- I love to continually learn and improve.
- Web and mobile technologies fascinate me.
If ALL of the above matches you perfectly, your primary job responsibilities will be to:
- Serve as the back-end developer for projects.
- Create data models.
- Help maintain and improve existing sites.
- Collaborate with project managers, UX and graphic designers, and front-end developers.
- Participate in helping the sales team estimate and price inbound projects.
- Help fellow developers debug and trouble shoot challenging issues.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 2-5+ years of proven professional web development experience
- Expert-level knowledge of PHP and MySQL
- Knowledge of best-practices for web performance, accessibility and usability
- Experience with frameworks like Laravel 4 and Kohana
- Excellent communication, reading, and writing skills
- Version control (we use Git and SVN)
We are a dynamic, growing company with a casual, fast-paced workplace.
Over the 16 years being in business we attract and retain self-starters by having handcrafted a flexible, world-class work environment.
If you have carefully read all of the listed content and feel you have the chops, we want to hear from you!
Find out more about White Lion.